What You Need to Know about Replacement Windows
Requirements Replacement Windows Should Meet
Replacement windows are an investment that every homeowner will eventually need to make. This is especially true for those wanting to increase energy-savings due to the recently made strides in energy-saving technology. Despite knowing how important replacement windows are to their homes, many lack the fundamental knowledge of what makes a quality window. That’s where the experts here at Ultimate Gutter Guard of Greenville come into play. We do our best to provide you with all the knowledge you’ll ever need regarding replacement windows. The benefit of having a trusted source for window replacement is imperative when it comes to replacing the windows of your home.
The Necessary Window Qualities
- Beauty: Everyone wants windows that enhance the curb appeal of their home. In order for the window to do this, it must complement the architecture of your home. This can be done by utilizing the window style or choosing from our wide range of color options.
- Double-Pane: Lack of energy efficiency is a deal breaker for most homeowners, which is why most modern replacement window will be available with at least a double-pane option. The extra pane provides two extra barriers to resist heat transfer. These barriers are the pane itself and the thermal break created between panes.
- Low-E Coatings: This is an important quality with regards to protecting the interior of your home and its décor. By blocking harmful UV rays, Low-E is reduces the amount of fading that can occur inside your home. It’s also useful for reducing radiant heat transfer.
- Insulating Gas Fills: This option is available only with double and triple pane windows. The gases used to fill the vacuumed space in between panes is either Argon or Krypton. The density of the gas makes it a great invisible insulating barrier.
- Quality Framing: Homeowners often base their decision on affordability, durability, energy efficiency, and personal taste. Frame options are vinyl, steel/aluminum, wood, and fiberglass. Each have benefits unique to their makeup that make them quality options for any homeowner.
- Customizability: The beauty of a replacement window is often dictated by its ability to be customized to meet the homeowner’s tastes. Our windows are customizable in color, grille pattern, glass type, and even shape.
The Importance of Window Knowledge
The quality of your home’s windows play an important role with regards to energy efficiency and curb appeal, which is why knowledge of what you’re looking for is so important. Energy-saving options like double-pane and low-e coatings are nearly standard on most modern windows but it’s still good to ask about before finalizing a purchase. Another great resource is the NFRC label that’s standard on most windows. This label provides valuable information regarding energy efficiency, daylighting, and other qualities of the window. Learn what window qualities to watch out for by contacting us for a free consultation today.