Signs Warning That You Need Replacement Windows
Knowing When You Need a Window Upgrade
The windows of your home are one of the key players in your pursuit of energy efficiency and beauty. It’s for this reason that it’s absolutely imperative to make sure they’re in good condition. Unfortunately, many homeowners let the condition of their windows fall to the wayside, leading to higher energy usage and decreased curb appeal. At Ultimate Gutter Guard of Greenville, we’re here to help keep this from happening to you. Our years of experience in the remodeling industry have a keen sense in identifying when new replacement windows are needed for homes.
The Signs of Inefficient Windows:
- Old and Dated: Outdated windows are just as bad as broken windows since they hinder the curb appeal and energy efficiency of your home. Holding onto your old windows may seem like a good idea but will inevitably cost you far more than they’re worth. Make sure that you’re aware of your windows’ age and manufacturer lifespan to prevent wasting energy dollars.
- Physical Damage: This can be anything, including cracks, warping, and even worn seals. Physical damage is typically easy to spot and may seem minor at first but can lead to a significant loss of curb appeal and energy dollars.
- Drafts from the Window: If your feel a draft every time you pass by your window, even when it’s closed, then air is leaking through them. This means you’re losing conditioned air and wasting energy by having your system try and make up for it. Replacement is usually the best option since drafts are largely an indicator that the window is not sealing properly.
- Difficulty of Operation: Out of balance windows are hard to operate and present a certain danger to you and your home. Malfunctioning internal operating components are typically the cause of this. A major risk of this is that windows slam shut for no reason or won’t open.
- Condensation: Areas around your window and even on it are common places for condensation to show up. However, condensation appearing between window panes is a clear sign that there’s either a crack or busted seal. This means that the insulating qualities these type of windows are known for are lost, resulting in a great deal of energy loss and even mold.
Trusted Window Expertise in
At Ultimate Gutter Guard of Greenville, we want you to experience all of the benefits that replacement windows offer. Our trusted window experts are of great assistance when it comes to identifying when your existing windows are failing. Our replacement windows help you prevent significant energy loss in your home and stay on top of your curb appeal game. Additionally, they are very easy to maintain, giving you more time to enjoy life. Don’t fall victim to a false sense of frugality by holding on to your old windows. Instead, contact us to set a free replacement window consultation.