Signs that You Need Replacement Siding
High-Quality Vinyl Siding for
Quality siding is a necessity for those that want to make sure their home stays protected and energy efficient. It’s for this reason that you should make sure they are good condition by performing routine maintenance. Additionally, maintenance ensures that you are aware of any issues or damages that are present. However, you must know what signs you’re looking that can indicate siding issues. At Ultimate Gutter Guard of Greenville, we can help you determine whether or not your siding is failing. There are some preliminary signs to watch out for that could indicate further inspection is needed from a professional. If you notice any of the following signs, make sure to contact a local siding expert that will help you devise a proper plan of action.
Signs of Your Siding’s Demise:
- Bubbling or Blistering: Siding that is constantly exposed to extreme heat and moisture has a tendency to begin bubbling or blistering. This is due to compromised integrity from general wear and tear. Moisture can also get trapped behind the siding, which causes physical deformities such as these.
- Buckled or Warping: This is typically found in vinyl siding that has been improperly installed. Vinyl siding that’s been nailed to your home too tightly has no room to expand and contract during extreme temperatures, which results in buckling and warping.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: Caused by typical wear and tear over years of abuse from strong winds, extreme temperatures, and other abuses, siding in this condition should be replaced since it no longer protects your home.
- Growth of Fungus, Mold, & Mildew: A sure sign that moisture has found its way behind your siding and collected long enough to fester. We suggest seeking an expert to examine affected areas since mold can negatively affect your health.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint: Loose wallpaper or peeling paint on the interior of your home could mean that moisture has found its way behind your siding and has seeped through the walls to cause significant water damage.
Replace Your Siding Before It’s Too Late
The above are just some of the signs indicating that replacement siding is needed. If you notice signs such as these, then we recommend contacting experienced professionals to perform an inspection. Professionals like the ones at Ultimate Gutter Guard of Greenville are far more experienced than the average homeowner and are trained to locate and repair any possible siding damage. We’ll assess the issue and create a decisive plan to correct your home’s siding situation. Just contact us to schedule a free siding consultation.